Landrum High School Varsity/JV Baseball has announced plans to host an alumni game in February to serve as a scrimmage for the varsity and junior varsity team that will match them up against former Landrum Baseball players. This goal of this event is to become a yearly fundraiser for the program to help raise funds for the team, but also looks to use this event as an outreach to get former players back involved in supporting the baseball program at Landrum High School. In the release sent to us from Coach Little: “Landrum High School has such a rich tradition of baseball that we want all of our former to be appreciated for their efforts in creating such a great baseball tradition. Our mission is for this event to get more former players attending our games and getting involved in our program through supporting fundraisers and other team events.”
The date set for this event will be Saturday February 15th 2014 beginning at 9:00 A.M with a rain make-up day set for Saturday February 22nd.
Here are the current events planned for this day:
Tentative schedule of events:
- 9:00-9:30- Warm-up and welcome/introductions (all players will be given time to warm-up, and Coach Little will welcome all alumni, and explain events of the day)
- 9:30-11:00- Alumni from Classes of 2000-2013 vs. Landrum Varsity
- 11:00-11:15- Warm-up time for next game
- 11:15-12:45- Alumni from classes before 2000s vs. Landrum Junior Varsity
- 12:45-1:30- Homerun Derby
- 1:30-3:00- Either Old timers game(if we can get a large group of alumni to play each other) or alumni from any year will play against Landrum Varsity/JV)
- 3:00- Closing
Cost of participation will be $20 dollars. Participation in the Home Run Derby will be $10 for Ten Swings. Each participant will receive a commemorative t-shirt and lunch. Home Run Derby winner will receive a prize as well. Food and refreshments will be available for sell to guests. Landrum baseball apparel will be available for purchase during the event.
For more information please contact Coach Daniel Little at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Signup Form (Print and Send in to Coach Little to Pre-Register: Alumni Game Signup Form